how old are babies usually when they learn to roll over?

my daughter is 4 months old and at the last 2 doctor's appointments the doctor asked if she was rolling over yet. she didnt seem worried but i'm curious if she should be by now.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all babies are diffrent my first was only 6 weeks, my second was 2 or 3 months and my nephew not until 6 months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• mine was roughly 4-5 months old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think mine were 4 or 5 months as well.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My daughter was about a week shy of 6 months rolling from tummy to back. From back to tummy she did about a week after that. According to Baby 411 some babies skip rolling now that we put them to sleep on their backs. It's harder for them to roll from their backs. So I wouldn't worry.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• both my children were only a few weeks old but i attribute it to their very large birth weights and being strong right from the gate. i have heard ranges from a few weeks to about 6 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I don't think you should be worried, like PP said, every baby is different & you can tell that from all the answers you got. My daughter just rolled over this morning & she's three months today.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Some babies can roll one direction early and not the other way until later. It's very variable. What helps them to explore this ability is floor time. Too much time in baby seats and containers interferes with these milestones.

You also may find that your baby is more coordinated when diaperless. The bulk of diapers can get in the way of movements. For example, though my baby can roll from back to belly in a diaper, it is far, far easier for her with a bare bottom
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2010