i would like to hear answers from people that attend yard sales...

how do you find the ones you attend? do you look in the paper, do you just stop when you see signs? craigslist?

if you are a TRUE YARD SALER how do you go about finding the ones you go to???

i want to have one but i'm afraid people wont come to mine because i live on a hill.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We check the paper and map out a route that makes the most sense.We love the neighborhood ones,you can walk to them all.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I look in the paper. If it has something of interest to me I will go. If we are driving and see signs. I will drive by to see if anything caught my eye. If not then I don't go. I have done yard sales.

The best yard sale I have ever had was when I put an ad in the paper and put signs up. We made $700 that weekend.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My dad always had yard sales as I grew up it was how we made extra money. But we lived on th corner of one of the main streets in Fresno. Craigslist is an idea, also check ino the prices of the pennysaver & your local newspaper. Pennysaver will give you signs you can use. Most effective to be sure though are signs posted at the bottom of your hill. Check your grocery store for activity boards put a small note up there. If you make your own signs make them colorful so they will stand out.
    TamaraLSeward

Answer by TamaraLSeward at 10:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I find mine through Craigslist, then map them out. Some of the best stuff I have found has been at the "hard to get to" sales! Gl
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Always do signs in areas people are going to see them (Like intersections on busy streets, and store bulletin boards). Also advertise WHAT you're selling, like kids clothes and toys go over well, electronics go over well, and furniture if sold cheap goes over well. If things are marked too high (for rummage standards) I'm less likely to buy stuff from that certain rummage. Hope this helped. I love yard sales!
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I love yard sales i have been yardsalling with my mom for as long as i can remember!! Put up lots and lots of signs every where bright neon colors and the have to be big and have arrows pointing in the right direction ,, and if you have enough money put it in the paper ,, Also helps if you write on the sings HUGE YARD SALE!!!!! That gets me every time!!!!!!! well i hope i helped good luck!!!
    zy616

Answer by zy616 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• we live in a small town and most pple post signs on a post board at the post office everyone looks at on fridays and i also use the local paper....have had the best luck with signs that have arrows for pple to follow....good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• op here..my area is def. hard to get to. I'm afraid that if i put the work and effort into having a yard sale that i wont do well...plus the living on top of the hill I'm afraid people wont notice stuff.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• have it going on for two days i hate it when its one day or the other sat/ sun
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I just pull over when I see a sign...and I always make a bee line for the books, dishes, and kids stuff...
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2010