the best hospital grade breast pump

Which hospital grade breast pump would you say is the best quality one? My pump may be on its way out and I'm thinking of renting one instead of buying a new one.
I exclusively pump so I'll need a pump that can withstand a lot of use and is REALLY good at getting the milk out.

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Medela
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Medela Lactina

The pump in style works well (so I have been told), but does not have the same power. However, more suction isn't always the issue, being properly fitted (your horns) and understanding the let down process, and making your body work for you is.
    Unfortunately, I never had luck with ANY pump (the lactina was the closest to working for me), but out of that experience I learned how to manually express, and became HIGHLY PROFICIENT at it. I could be done in less than 10 minutes, and it more closely mimics the babies suckling motions than a pump and is better at emptying the breast than the pump can ever being to be! You do not need special equipment, just very clean hands and a clean container to catch the milk in.

Whatever you decide, do some research- you'll find yourself in a bind at least once, when you won't have your pump, and that is a good skill to have!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Medela Lactina
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Medela Symphony, or second best IMO Medela Lactina.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• definitely medela..i was lucky to receive a free one from the hospital due to my insurance and i have been exclusively pumping and feeding baby that, so i pump at least 6-8 times a day and have been doing that every day for 2 months now and it works great and i get an average of 7-8 oz every time and only pump for 10 mins each time
    Anonymous

• Another Medela vote here.
    Anonymous

• Medela Symphony, it is a higher grade than the Medela Lactina
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2010