Why is it that everytime I pet my dogs they have eye boogers on their corners of their eyes?

You know like when we get up in the mornings and wash it off while washing our face.

Is it the same thing for them or do they actually cry and it dries up...I just wipe it off with a wipe or tissue. It's not hard and crusty just kind of wet feeling but on the verge of drying it doesn't look like an infection just eye boogers.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pets

• I think it could be normal OR it could be allergies. Sometimes low quality food can cause staining around the eyes, but I'm not sure about eye boogers. It's worth a shot though. If it is environmental allergies, maybe ask your vet about giving Benadryl.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• They can get them for many reasons, but not from crying. Allergies can cause it and if there are issues with ther tear ducts that can be a cause. Sometimes, it is just sleepys like we get.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• mine get them a lot to!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• my dog had it bad. found out he had severe allergies. but it is normal too
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2010