Can a baby carrier fit in the backseat of a Volkswagen New Beetle?

Just curious. About to buy a "new" (used) car.

KMN2010

Asked by KMN2010 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Travel

• it should i had a volkswagen golf with both of my kids.....
    mollysmom212

Answer by mollysmom212 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No, my mom has one and none of my kids car seats fit right in it. Only a booster seat will fit.
    loveTHM

Answer by loveTHM at 10:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• When car shopping, take the car seat with you and try it out in the "new" car. If the seller has a problem with that, then you don't want to buy from them anyway.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yes, you would be surprised just how roomy it is back there!!!

A friend of mine bought one and comfortably fit 3 of her kids (ages 6-15) and her grand baby in it. Yes, a carseat will fit in the back BUT, it is a pain in the arse to get the carrier type in and out. Maybe think about using a sling/wrap and using a rear facing stationary seat.

I had a tercel when my baby (the 3rd) was born, and it was a pain in the arse to get him an and out in an infant seat, so I made the switch almost immediately! worked wonderfully. Plus, when you are out somewhere people will not be tempted to touch a baby that momma is wearing on her with all their germy fingers! Oh, added benefit- baby will be cozy and not fuss when momma wears them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2010