How would this make you feel?

How the hell would it make you feel if your love one told you on the way home they fell asleep at the wheel? But thank goodness if it wasn't for those road bumps on the side of the road....I don't even want to think about it.

I told them that they better be getting atleast 8 hours of sleep I got mad at them told them not to be doing that they can cause an accident think of the other people, think of your love ones, think of your own family.

It just pissed me off I swear some people think that just bc they get 2 to 4 hours of sleep that this is ok BUT it is not...How can you make someone see if they are not willing to do the work wheather it's drinking, drugs, over eating, I mean the list goes on.

Venting....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Health

• I know what you're saying and I think it's selfish of the person tho only think of themselves. My story is my hubby gained tons and tons of weight he doesn't care or try to loose it and he will once in a while say he feels really short of breath or his chest hurts. It pisses me off try to loose weight and go see a Dr. but he won't do either even though we have a 10.5 month old son to raise.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 11:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• sounds like ur overreacting yes given he almost fell asleep but what if he did fall asleep and have an accident how would you feel if the person was hurt or died for that matter? I do however agree this person needs more sleep to prevent this but there are other ways of going about it..needless to say you would feel pretty guilty if something were to happen and you were angry if I was you I would take ten deep breaths and think about a different way to react to this making the other person angry will only make things worse and that person will only rebel against you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• your stupid anonymous at 10:15 it wasn't like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Not everyone who falls asleep at the wheel got 2-4 hours (or less) of sleep the night before. The work day, traveling, or other contributing factors can lead to falling asleep at the wheel. It's important that, that person knows their limit. That they pull over and take a nap at a rest stop before continuing on their journey. It's important for them to know when they shouldn't be driving anymore.

I agree, that I think you're overreacting. Just let them know that they need to recognize their limits and when it's time to pull over and rest for the night. Yes, they can cause other drivers (and THEMSELVES) a lot of harm if they were to get into an accident, but it's more important that nothing did happen. Don't reprimand them for falling asleep at the wheel. It's not like they caused it to happen. Just let them know that they need to know their limits.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My FIL "fell asleep" driving yesterday (we think he blacked out, he's diabetic and was on his way to a dr appointment, and the doc had told him not to eat that morning - idiot doctor). He woke up/came to in the path of an oncoming vehicle, and chose to ditch his rather than get schmucked. He totalled out his vehicle but is okay. Am I upset he said he fell asleep at the wheel? No, I'm not, and neither is my MIL, my DH, or any of my other siblings-in-law - why? Because IT HAPPENS - even if a person does get adequate sleep, it happens! Just like blackouts happen, just like brain aneurysms happen, accidents happen. At least you have the rumble strips, my FIL had to hit a massive snow bank and roll, slide on the driver's side, and hit another snow back. If your "loved one" is okay, chill out, and help them get more sleep!
    Anonymous