Is this more PC idiocy?

Advert for 'reliable' worker 'rejected' by Jobcentre

A Hertfordshire recruitment agency boss says she was told she could not request "reliable and hard-working" applicants.

Devonwood Recruitment boss Nicole Mamo said the Jobcentre Plus in Thetford, Norfolk, told her such an advert could be "offensive" to unreliable people.

Ms Mamo said: "I started to laugh. I said: 'That's crazy'."

A Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) spokesperson said the advert was worded as Ms Mamo requested online - but did not deny it differed in the Jobcentre.

Ms Mamo's company was advertising for a cleaning job at West Suffolk Hospital.

'Absolutely ridiculous'

She said that she told a Jobcentre worker that "hard-working and reliable" were essential words for the advert, but received the reply that those words could not be used as they "may discriminate against the unreliable"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• full article http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/norfolk/8483171.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Does this remind anyone of Reich in D.C. saying that construction jobs to build our roads and bridges should not just go to high skilled people?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Typical. This country is in the toilet because of crap like this. People feel they are intitled to everything. God forbid they actually have to work.

Valar - 15

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• People should appreciate the reliable ones, whereas without them, many would go hungry.'

'Reliable'   IS NOT a filthy word!!!!!!!

Ridiculous..............

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Well, personally I only hire unreliable people that don't want to work. They have to feed their families too.........it's not like my customers are going to care if they get their products on time or at all................

1 tatertyke
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I hire people for a living, and this is nonsense. You can totally say that in an ad, as it doesn't discriminate against race, sex, creed, or religion. PLUS, all employers can demonstrate the need for steady reliable employers simply by listing the hours required for the job.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• LOL special ..right?

OP to answer YES
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

LOL - Can I come work for you? I really need a quiet place to sleep.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• LOL this country is lost.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Oh good lord......
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• you have got to be kidding. Who wants to hire UNreliable workers? Yes, this is PC on steroids.....

7
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2010