homeschool

Am looking for information on how to get my son 13 yrs. old homeschooled, Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• homeschooling sucks
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Check out your state's law. Visit the Happy Homeschoolers group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/699

Anonymous

• Are you involved in a church? Most have homeschooling groups nowadays. Otherwise, try to find some homeschooling moms in your area. They usually have the best and easiest info.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• homeschooling sucks

You suck Purpulbutterfly. You always have something negative to say about homeschooling and you are so uninformed about homeschooling it's pathetic. Just shut up.
    Anonymous

• First you need to find out what the homeschooling laws are in your state. Go to the HSLDA website, www.hslda.org. Join one of the homeschooling groups here on Cafemom for help and support. I'm the group owner of Christian Homeschoolers. There are several good groups on this site with lots of ladies who have a wealth of information to share about homeschooling.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I suggest you do private homeschooling, where the parents are in charge of his education. There are so many good curriculum options for a boy that age. I like to give my teen boys a good variety of different classes. For example, now they do health with a CD-ROM on the computer, science with a textbook that has lots of experiments and projects, math with workbooks, art, handwriting where they copy quotes relating to good character. Then we take them to the YMCA for physical education. You can choose curriculum that looks interesting to your son and works with his learning style, and choose classes that will help him reach his goals for the future. For example, if he wants to be a vet, have him do a lot of science and math, classes that are pre-requisites for college, and some kind of work with animals. (My boys raise chickens and a turkey.) Check out Rainbow Resource (www.rainbowresource) for lots of ideas.
    momo8child

Answer by momo8child at 8:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• check out k12.com they are free and available in most states. Good luck.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2010