Im getting yet another ultra sound

So today i have an apointment to get my final ultra sound...im praying they can figure out the sex since im due in a little over a month! Im a little annoyed because my mom invited herself AND my grandmother to come along....but praying for the best. I have the shortest temper esp with those two together!!! I really hope my ultra sound tech can give me some pics this time, with my son i got a whole role of pics of arms legs head everything, this time NOTHING. IDK if the tech sucks or the equipment is old...hoping for the best today!! lol

Anyones doc office have a bad ultrasound tech?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just remembe rthey are excited too.. My sister's tech could never see what she was having and I think she went 3 times.. the baby just wasn't in the right position.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• why not just wait that last month? you might want to consider limiting the baby's exposure to ultrasound ....
    Anonymous

• I am sure there are other reasons for the US anon, and I had a late US with my DD and they could really tell what she was sex wise with no real effort, and if you want, call the US tech and ask them to tell you mom and grandma to wait out in the hall if yoy don't want them in there, and also ask for picture printouts they sometimes just forget, don't be passive.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• The farther along you get the harder it is to see the baby's specific parts no matter what they are looking at.

As far as pictures they do not HAVE to give you any. Ultra sounds are for diagnostic purposes and should not be used for recreational or keepsake purposes according to the American Pregnancy Association.

You can ask for on but if they say no there is really no reason to throw a fit over it. A lot of machine's do not have a printer now because the pics are downloaded onto a cd. My best friend's MIL is an ultra sound tech and she said that the office she works in just bought a machine last year but didn't buy the printer to go with it because it's an extra 3000 dollars. They do let patients bring disk to download the pics as well so they can take them to a store and print them off themselves.

If there is no diagnostic reason the the u/s you may reconsider doing it. U/S in excess are not recommeded.
    Anonymous

• your having a boy
    Anonymous