She crys for no reason.

I have twin 6 mo old girls. They just had there check up so I know that she does not have an ear infection. But 1 of my girls crys for no reason. I can hold her and she is fine. But if I put her down to hold the other baby, or go to the bathroom or anything then she screams and screams for no reson. I dont know what to do.. I can not hold her every second of the day. What can I do to make her stop.

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 11:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Something is wrong & you need to be patient and figure it out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• This is tough. Well if you don't want to hold her all the time then don't. I have that problem with my kids at first because when they're small I hold them a lot. Just start putting her down. Maybe try sitting with her but not holding. Sit on the floor together and play, or have her nearby and read a story. Let her know you are still there for her but don't need to hold her all the time. If she is anything like my children after awhile she'll be use to not being held so much and be fine when you put her down.
    Good luck with whatever you do.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 11:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Well she isn't crying for no reason she is going through separation anxiety, and it can be harder with a twin. What you need to do it put her down walk out of the room for 2 mins, come back and be super happy to see her. She will learn that you are coming back and that you still love her. This type of thing comes and goes for a long time, and be prepared to see it with your other twin as well.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• aww twins...2 different babies, 2 different personalities. obviously that one thinks she needs to be held all the time. if you have stuff to do it's ok to let her cry it out sometimes, as long as she's changed, fed, not sick, ect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• You can try a sling. That way she can be comforted douring this anxiety phase and you can go about your business.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Try playing peek-a-boo with her. That's another fun way of letting her know that you'll be back.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Babies do not cry for no reason..

Anonymous

• Well, at this age, any type of seperation can cause some babies anxiety,. when you have to set her down, keep talking, or maybe invest in a boucer deal she can stand in... my son had colic at this age so I understand the frustration with the crying and not knowing what to do .. I wish you the best of luck mommy...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2010