How can i jumpstart my labor hurting and nothing is happening?

ive been hurting really bad in my lower back i cant sleep or any thing i was wondering if anyone thinks that walking will speed up the process of labor because im at the point were i cant take it anymore

Shemeya

Asked by Shemeya at 12:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    Anonymous

• go jump on a trampoline and do flips, jump up and down or get a toilet plunger... bc honestly..... it aiint gonna happen, only your body can, not you. enjoy your day....
    Anonymous

• she is probably like any other mom in here 30-35 weeks crying that they cant take it anymore where there are mommies who go allthe way to 42 weeks! imagine that...!!!
    Anonymous

• no really there is nothing. just try to relax as much as you can. take warm baths if you can. this is just a part of late pregnancy for a lot of women. hang in there, you CAN do it. we all do. remember this could go on until 42 weeks or so, so just hang in there! it's all part of being a mom. =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Have sex...it worked for me,lol.
    Walking may help ease your back pain and may push along labor.
    Good Luck mama !Hang in there! :)
    Anonymous

• have you tried to get your membranes stripped?
    Anonymous

• Not that I am aware. Nature has to take her course but walking does relax the muscles and sex takes your mind off of stuff!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Having membranes stripped is likely to do nothing but add more pain.

I agree though that walking and relaxing activities are helpful. IF you have a pool or deep bathtub soak in there.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Have someone rub your back. It works for me. I'm almost 38 weeks, and have been having a lot of back pain. It's part of late pregnancy. Your body is rebelling against carrying so much weight out in front. However, if it seems like the pain is coming in waves, try to time them. If lying down doesn't stop them, you could actually be in labor. Some women just have a lot of back labor. I'm not saying you are, but something to check on, for sure.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• if you are past 37 weeks you can take evening primrose oil as a supplement or rub the oil on your cervix. Orgasms are what helps, because of the hormone your body releases. and walking won't hurt.
    MrsSeptember

Answer by MrsSeptember at 6:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2010