Birthday party question, do you think its 'too much'?

Ok my DD's 2nd birthday is at the end of May, and we've decided to do a Barn Yard Bash (Farm theme) for her party, because she LOVES Old MacDonald. I figure I'll do all the normal stuff, decorations, food, etc. but I have the opportunity to have two ladies come do pony rides, 2 hours for $100. Its a great deal, and there will probably be about 12 kids or so, my DD is the youngest, up to age 12, and I was thinking this would be something they could ALL enjoy. Last year I went SO overboard with her party, and I don't want to do that again this year. So, do you think it is too much, or should I go for it?! :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go 4 it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• do you think if we gave you our opinion, you would reconcider anything?
    Anonymous

• um...yeah...a bit overboard IMHO

Anonymous

• a little much for a 2 yr old who will never remember it anyway
    Anonymous

• awww...that sounds like an awesome idea! I'm on here looking for bday party ideas too...for my soon to be 10 year old boy,lol. That really is a great deall for 2 hours..their only kids once..I say..do what you can! HAve fun! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Op here: YES I would reconsider! I am STILL being made fun of for how much work/time/money/energy I put into the party last year.. LOL! My thought is honestly that if they have the pony rides, at least there will be something specific for the kids to do rather than just games.
    Anonymous

• your going to get yes and no answers in here, so either way, your going to do what you want to do. in my opinion, its too much for a 2 year old. wayyyyy too much.
    Anonymous

• yeah, but ponies!!??? here... do what you wanna do. we cannot make up your mind for you.
    Anonymous

• Who cares what other people think. Some people like to go overboard and it makes for a fun party. I think if you are having a variety of ages there then all the kids will have fun but I dont think it will matter at all to your 2 yr old. If you can afford it and you dont mind the mess and hassle then why not? It is not neccessary but it sounds fun :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i think it's much for a 2yr old. i'm planning my 3yr old party and i'm not even going that far. who's to say your 2yr old won't be scared of the pony?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010