What to do with kids clothes that don't fit anymore???

I have seriously like 10 trash bags full of little girls clothes 6 mos to 4T.
I saved 'em thinking a close friend would have a baby to pass down to?? Nope.

The only consignment shop within 200 miles only gives you 30% of what they get for the item and she's in a small building so she's always too full to take anything.

I have an account on ebay but it looks like clothes lots don't go for much? Has anyone tried?

I dunno what to do! We donate most of their grown-out-of toys and all mine and my hubbys clothes to VA and my girls have some nice stuff so I would like to get some money for these clothes...

Help???

Malibustacy

Asked by Malibustacy at 12:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Check to see if there are any bi-annual consignment sales in your area. We have two huge consignment sales where I live. They rent a place and have a sale in the spring and in the fall. I get 70% of whatever I sell and then at the end they donate what doesn't sell so you don't have to worry about picking it up and figuring out what to do with it again. If you don't mind giving them away you can try freecycle.
    Anonymous

• have a yard sale?
    Anonymous

• craigslist might work or wait til it gets warm and have a yard sale if your trying to sell the stuff on here to someone, in a reverse way to make someone say I WANT THEM! i dont think that will work either.
    Anonymous

• If you can't get anything for them I would donate to a local woman's shelter because they usually walk away from abusive relationships with their kids and nothing else.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yard sale, if i have left overs i take them to a used clothes place that pays a % of what they would sell for it, (once upon a child), you could try craiglist, if all else fails i take them to the goodwill. this is all after i see if any friends need them first.
    Anonymous

• craigslist might work, but then you have to take pictures and remember which bag/box those clothes are in when someone calls. Or sell them by the bag for very little money. I would wait until the weather warms up and have a yard sale.

Answer by missanc at 12:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I used to have yard sales.A lady who I meant at my yard sale ask me to call her & for about 4 years now she just comes to my house & buys all of them.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 12:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I had a garage sale for my son's stuff last year and will do it again, it was small last year but I still made around $240
    Anonymous

• I usually give them away.
    BUT...I always have great intentions of going to the kids resale shops that will exchange gently used clothes for money towards buying more gently used clothes in the right size. I usually give them away before I ever get a chance to do this,lol.
    You can post them on craigslist in "lots" to sell them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• lol at the anon that says "if your trying to sell the stuff on here to someone, in a reverse way to make someone say I WANT THEM! i dont think that will work either."

Go back to bed. lolll.

So I'm thinkin' yard sale it is! I wish we had a decent consignment shop out here. :-P

Thank you ladies!!!
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 12:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2010