Eeeek! What would you do??????

When I went to my car this morning (in the garage) I see that the small baby car seat (the under 20 lb model) has fallen off the metal shelf and landed on the hood of our "new" car.

There is a ding, not terrible but a ding. My DH is going to go APE-SH_T!!! and make my life miserable - somehow this will be my fault or just another thing in the long list of what is wrong with his life...making my life more miserable in the process.

I have called a mobile dent removal guy and plan on getting this taken care of with out telling him. What would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• If my DH were like yours, I would do the same. Thankfully, mine is a rational human being.
    Anonymous

• I honestly would rethink my relationship. Walking on egg shells sux. I have been in your shoes. Marriage is a partnership and he shouldnt flip out about small stuff like that. Is he always a jerk?
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon #2. I personally would tould my husband, we don't keep secrets, there's no point to it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :55. Marriage is a partnership and you should have to be made miserable for an accident. I agree with calling the dent guy. But would also suggest counseling for you and your dh.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• OP: He didn't used to be a tool, he used to be a great guy. He is stressed, his meds are wrong, his life sucks. Like living with Eeyore.
    I would have already left him but we have a 10 month old baby and I am not sure what to do at the moment.
    Anonymous

• well I have a wonderful caring thoughtful husband who completely over reacts also so sometimes, its not just a relationship to rethink,. sometimes just a personality trait you don't like but are willing to accept.. I would do what you did, call a dent removal place, or let him drive it and notice it when he comes back and try to reverse blame..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• "I honestly would rethink my relationship. Walking on egg shells sux. I have been in your shoes. Marriage is a partnership and he shouldnt flip out about small stuff like that."

I agree with this and finally decided to do something about it with my marriage. No one needs to constantly walk on egg shells for someone else. It's exhausting and you eventually realize you are no longer yourself.
    Anonymous

• I'd put the carseat back where it was and not say anything.
    Anonymous

• He's a grown man- he has to act like one, oh well s** happens- and who said its your fault? who put it there? And so what if you did- he has to get over it don't he. There would be kno way I would worry about what he thinks ,says, or his life sucks,-thats his problem,not yours,you have a kid to worry about,not him.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my fiance. LoL. I would probably try to get it fixed before he found out.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2010