Do you/ have you bathed with your children?

A friend posted a question in a group and I like it! Did you or do you bathe with your children? Boys or girls? Until what age?

LoganAndKennedy

Asked by LoganAndKennedy at 12:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep DH and I both with both our son and daughter. Until they started asking lots of questions or trying to touch places they weren't supposed to, but we also are not a modest family at all and nudity is not an issue at our house.
    Anonymous

• I dooo!!! Well I do still with my 3 1/2 yr old daughter and stopped bathing with my son between 4 and 4 1/2, he is now 5, and i believe the last time I let him shower with me was 8 months or so ago.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 12:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I tried once when he kept climbing or squirming out of the baby bath and I was too scared to let him in the big bath by himself, yeah, that was the first and last time..he was maybe 7 months old...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have...with my boy I would have him come in the shower with me until he was about 3. My girl just turned one and I have her sit her her little tub inside the big tub with me while I take a shower,lol. She loves her baths and I feel better having her in there with me and not leaving her to have run of the house while I'm in the shower.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• when my kids were babies, yeah. now they're 1 and 2, they bathe together, not with dh or me. ds will be 3 next month, i'm thinking i'll gradually get them to stop sometime before him being 4. it's all about modesty more than seeing the opposite sex.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I did until they were 3-4 yrs old. I did a little longer with my youngest because he has an ASD. We had a nighttime ritual with the boys when they were babies. Right before bed I took a bath with the baby and my hubby took him lotioned/dressed him while I got out of the tub and made the nighttime bottle. Then one of us would feed and rock the baby to sleep.

We had so much fun in the tub! Now that the boys are bigger we have just as much fun, but we do it in the hot tub!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I used to nurse my daughter in the shower. haha. It was honestly sometimes the ONLY thing that would get her to settle down and focus on eating. So I'd have the water turned luke warm, I'd have a towel blocking her from the slight spray that went over us with the nozzle turned, and then I'd plop myself down in the tub and let her eat. I think the sound of the running water relaxed her and the slight warmth relxaed me as well...so it was great in the beginning when we were getting used to the whole breastfeeding thing. Nowadays...I occasionally have dd in the shower or bath with me, but usually that is my ME time so dh is the primary bath giver.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I don't and never did.... except a hotel shower after swimming maybe.

I never liked the idea for many reasons.... 1) I am super modest and 2) The idea of being pooped or pee'd on my bare skin creeps me out. Diaper blow outs, etc are one thing but tub accidents... too much for me to handle.

I'd always LOVED bathing my kids though.... we sing, splash, play. It's one of my favorite times.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My 20 month old likes to get in the shower with me and play with her bath toys. I don't mind, but sometimes I'd like to shower by myself, so I can shave my armpits and legs in peace! lol

Since we're both females, it's not a big deal to me.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Sure I did. With dd until she was 4, then I was too pregnant with ds for her to fit. With ds until he was 2 1/2 and started asking too many questions.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010