• In the Spotlight:

Its my birthday this week, and so far just my facebook friends seem to be remembering..oh well. Is it that time in my life

when I should just stop expecting others to make a big deal over my birthday?? My hubby will do something with me on Saturday but I'm not sure what...

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• think of it like this, LOL, your facebook friends aren't actually remembering... facebook sends out notification if a friend's birthday is coming up.
    Anonymous

• Maybe they will call you on that day? Or maybe since you're grown people just don't think it's as important considering there is no party. I don't expect people other then my DH and maybe my parents to do anything for me. If others say something that is thoughtful and kind but not expected.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• So? Mine's never acknowledged in the days/week before, just ON my birthday. Chill out. IMO you're overreacting.
    Anonymous

• i can see why some people decide to be anonymous...not very supportive answers...well, thanks for saying my facebook friends are also not remembering...
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I understand it is important to others but I just plan what I want to do for my birthday. I love to go to restaurants, but don't do it often, so that's what I usually do for my birthday. Dh does at least remember that it's coming up. Really, once I passed 29 I wasn't advertising my birthday ;o)
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Happy Birthday to you mine is on saturday and my in laws are taking me out to eat other than that i'm not doing anything and not getting a cake or gifts cause hubby is layed off and we can't afford it which is ok to me it's just another day
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 6:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2010