Your baby can read

Hello, just wondering f you or anyone you know have experience with this. I am thinking about ordering it but wanted to hear others reviews and experience with it!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never tried it, but as a reading specialist I can tell you it is a scam. If you want your child to get a "head start" then the best thing you can do is talk to them a lot, read to them a lot, let them learn through play and exploration and limit tv/screen time as much as possible. Even if your baby can memorize the words on the cards and learn to "read" them, it is not going to help them in the long run, the other stuff I said before will be much more valuable for your child in the long run that that silly program. A big waste of money if you ask me.
    Use that same money to buy books, blocks, music, a sandbox etc. Those are what is educational at this age!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• What a hoax. I would never spend money on something like that (yes I've seen the commercials and I think it's the biggest load of bull**** ever.)
    Anonymous

• In total agreement with the first two posts.

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I vouch for hands on parenting (like poster #1 said) mixed with letting kids be kids.

redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 5:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010