Formula HELP!

WIC won't pay for the good start formula that actually WORKS for my son. Can anyone tell me any other ways to get it at a discount at least?

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think that is legal, if you qualify for WIC and the doctor says he can only have this formula because of reflux they are supposed to cover it, if not all of the cost part of it. I would double check with a supervisor not your case worker, that just wounds wrong to me.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Go to their website, they should have coupons, and wic will cover it if you get a doctor to prescribe it , so have your doc write a RX for it and then wic will cover it because he needs it for medical purposes.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I tried that, the doctor thing, my WIC won't cover good start even with a doctor script.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• what are your sons problems he has with formulas?Is the milk based too hard on his tummy? My daughter had problems with similac advance so i switched her to similac sensitive and it is alot easier on the stomach. They also have the similac soy that is very sensitive as well...i believe its called isomil advance... have you tried either of those already??
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 1:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• wow really? your wic is lame.. but so is mine.. our wic uses ONLY good start [but you need a dr. prescrpition for other kinds of good start] so if the babies need any other... they'll just have to use their own cash
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I just went to the wic site and they are required to cover it if there is an RX from a doctor.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• OP HERE- Just called WIC back and mentioned that on the site it says they will cover it. They said due to budget cuts they cannot cover it anymore, and it's been like that for about a year now. (Why haven't they changed the website then? UGH) Don't know what to do. I called Gerber, they are sending me coupons. But so far that's the best I can do :(
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Try Strongmoms.com! They usually give out coupons on several different kinds of formula. Otherwise if you have a cost-co around you they sell formula (the good stuff) look at buying in bulk to save a ltitle money!
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Maybe try craigslist.org... When I am looking for baby clothes and stuff I always see people selling formula...
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• sometimes wic will give you a paper telling you where you can find cheaper formula or discounts or help with buying formula. call the wic office and ask them
    Anonymous