When did you start potty training?

Recently, there was a post in one of my groups from a mom who had started potty training her daughter at 15 months. I've never heard of anyone being potty trained before the age of 2 or 3. I answered the post and asked how she knew it was time to begin but never got a response.

Seeing as by the time your kid's a preschooler, you've already been through the process, when did you start potty training?

HotMama330

Asked by HotMama330 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I started my daughter at 2.5 and she wasn't interested in the process. She finally got the hang of it one month before she turned 3. Start out slowly if she refuses then back off for a while...its much easier to train in the spring and summer when they aren't wearing a lot of clothing. Get her involved..I let my daughter pick out stickers and panties..my one word of advice is don't use pull ups...we used them but I feel like they just made things take longer as they are just like diapers.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 1:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• my son at 2.5 and dd would have started already but she's not walking yet, she's 18 months.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• We started around 18 months - didn't always work that early but it's when we started. My mom had me potty trained at 13 months. A friend of mine detests diapers and started potty training at a year old, and had 2 of her girls potty trained (day AND night) by 15 months, the other by 18 months. Some parents start watching their baby's cues already at just a few months old and "train" them before they're a year old. My son isn't 3 yet but is day/house trained (haven't had a reason to go out and see how he does away from home with underwear on).
    Anonymous

• My son is 22 months and we started. He is showing a lot of signs of being interested in the potty. He is always pulling his pants down and trying to climb on it. I thought that was a pretty good sign to start training.
    Anonymous

• It is possible. Things seem delayed with children in this country. I was potty trained by 15 months by brother 18 months and no Im not lying.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• my oldest started at 2 and a half.. my baby is 2 and is about to start..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I started all of mine after they turned 3. The entire process, from the first time they went to being completely trained took 3 days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My lil gurl wuz 15 mths when we started her with potty training. b/c every time i would she would go into the bathroom with me and sit on her potty. She wuz showin all the signs. And she is 4 yrs old now! But dont push the issue or it will make matters worst!!
    Anonymous

• When my kids both started asking to pee on the potty at about 18 months is when we started. For us it took about 2 weeks with both to day train and a little longer to night train. It all depends on the children.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I just waited until he showed the signs. I preferred to have him trained to go on his own rather than me trained to know his cues and take him. I started at 2.5 and he was day and night trained in a few days. No issues. That's why I advocate just waiting for signs, not just starting because you feel like it. It goes SSSOOO much faster that way.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010