Earlier Childhood TEACHERs I need to pick you brain.

My daughter goes M-F all day to Pre-K. Looking at the work she has been bringing home throught out the year, I knew she the knows the info, but was having fun and behaving in class so did nothing. For the last 2 months she has been saying how school is boring she doesn't want to go, she doesn't like the repition all the time. The school did mid year testing, she knows all they are planning on teaching for Pre-K. There is still 5 and a half months of school and she is starting to misbehave in class. Tomorrow I am meeting with my daughter's teacher to address this. What ideas can I offer to help with the situation?

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 1:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in

• Your child is bored and needs to be challenged. They will need to find her work that actually challenges her/teaches her something she doesn't already know. Kids that are bored with the material get into trouble or get accused of day dreaming. She is obviously too advanced for her current class.
    Anonymous

• Is there some way of transferring your daughter to a advanced class or better switching teachers?
    Anonymous

• You need to start looking for enrichment classes and a school for academically advance children. If you are in Chicago, or would like some resources, send me a message offlist.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• my dd had the same problem in her pre-k class, her teacher gave her extra "stuff" to do like put away books/papers/ crayons, push in chairs, etc.. kinda like a teacher's assistant. she loved it! it gave her a sense of purpose to fill her time since she had already done the work for the day. every so often the teacher would pick another "helper" but my dd did most of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2010