Do you ever feel like your not as good or dont look as good as other mothers.

My kids go to daycare and my daughter goes to kindergarten. When i see other moms i feel like they are different then me. Like they are older. I think they are prettier then i am. I just feel like i stand out more. Does anyone else feel this way.

shorty00207450

Asked by shorty00207450 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• YES!!! i feel they "look" like Moms and I still feel drab or just not mom-like.. I dont wear make up and am a bit overweight so I feel frumpy anyway but still , even other overweight mom's can look like mom's.. I feel they are way more "grown up" and I am 31 so its not like I am younger...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No. I never think anyone looks better than me.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 2:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i never feel like im not "as good" but i know i may not look as good like all "glammed up" because unless i'm going to work i put all my time into my child and my home...not my face
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I feel pretty juvenile when it comes to being around other mothers, even though I'm not that young.
    Anonymous

• I know I don't look as good as some other mothers. I know I'm fat. I know I don't have all name brand clothes-though I do have SOME and I ROCK them when I wear them. The important thing is-my kids are clean, their hair is done, they don't have crusty noses or ashy lips, and their clothes look good. I might be wearing sweatpants and my hair is thrown back in a bun-but so what? My kids are WELL taken care of.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and I am older compared to a lot of the mothers. I'm in my 30s.
    Anonymous

• I think everyone gets their moments of insecurity, but it's not healthy to get into the habit of it. I have been struggling with an ongoing battle with myself of comparing myself to others and beating myself up over things I can't control. I've been trying my hardest to get a handle on it and just accept myself and others for the beautiful women we are. Not for the beautiful women we are "supposed" to be. It's hard, but try to be your best friend, and not your own worst enemy. Cognitive therapy is really helpful with that. Good luck and keep your head up!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• When I was younger and my kids were in school they went to a higher class school where parents did not have kids until their late 30's, I was in my 20's and broke, dressed poorly because I wanted my kids to dress well...I was always thought of as the nanny!! during school functions moms would ask if I was my daughters nanny, then I would say "no i'm the mom" I would get an "ohh" and they would walk away.
    I'm 40 now and feel like like I haven't changed much. I still dress "thrifty" have no money and do not drive a car that is from this decade,lol
    I should have done what my cousin did.....move to Rochester,mn. where there's tons of dr's and marry one. That girl has not had to struggle once in 17 yrs, spends all day doing nothing
    Anonymous

• I do all the time because I'm not and have never been, "hot". I'm cute and look like a 15 or 16 year old. So when I went to my sons parent/teacher meeting, a sub actually thought I was a helper from the high school. I'm actually 22. So yeah, I feel way different than the other moms. Add that to my love for hoodies and jeans and nude face look. I'm a good mommy though. That's what counts.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Most Mommies are WAY younger than me...I am turning 44. So It is not really a comparison, unfortunately my baby girl will always have "the OLD mommy" Oh well, the Old Mommy got her here right? LOL!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2010