Where did your water break?

I'm due in 8 weeks, but if this one is like my last one she'll be here in 5 or 6. I'm worried about my water breaking somewhere public! What did you do?

xxluvya

Asked by xxluvya at 1:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first. Luckly when I was sitting on the potty at home. My water broke before I went into labor. With my second at the hopital when I was in labor.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I woke up to go to the bathroom and it broke right next to my bed. I was lucky. My contractions started about 20 minutes later.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i was half asleep, scared the living crap out of me because you can hear and feel a small pop in the stomach as it happens, i was like wtf just happened and im like laying there all wet..lol
    Anonymous

• In the hospital. Both times mine had to be broken by the Dr. with the long orange peeler looking thing after I started to really dilate.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 2:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i got up to go to the bathroom and as soon as i got in there right before i took my pants off it broke... thought i was peein myself haha
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I was at home going pee... or so I thought. I am 38 weeks now and am leaking pee all the time! I keep thinking it might be my water breaking- but it is just me getting grosser and grosser each day:)
    Anonymous

• in the shower, so obviously not in public!!! usually if your water does break before labor though, it's not enough to really be obvious to those around you. so i'd try not to worry about it too much =) there is just like a 10% to 20% chance that your water will break before labor begins, and then most likely it will just wet your undies, maybe pants.
    Anonymous

• i was pissing
    Anonymous

• Usually the breaking of the waters does not precede contractions, so if you are having them regularly you may want to stay home. With my second my waters did not break until the contraction before her head emerged (at home in the tub).
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• MY WATER BROKE IN WALMART. IT WASNT A GUSH, BUT A DRIZZLE. I FINISHED MY SHOPPING THEN WENT HOME, STARTED LAUNDRY (BIRTH CAN TAKE SEVERAL HRS.) THEN WENT TO THE HOSPITAL. BY THEN, I WAS READY FOR MY EPIDURAL.
    M.I.L.F201

Answer by M.I.L.F201 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2010