how long does youe tween sleep...

my dd age 12 will sleep till 1-2 oclock if allowed. and even though she slept that late by 630pm shes trying to nap...it drives me crazy and she gets all cranky when i tell her she has to get up ( i will wake her at 1030am so she gets to sleep in but not to much. ) is this normal i know pubrtiy and all and i remeber when i was that age i would sleep till 1130am.. so what does your tween try to sleep to or when do u think they would wake up if they could...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Anonymous

• teens need ALOT of sleep. i remember i used to get into trouble if i slept too long...which was every saturday. it sucked.
    Anonymous

• I have an eleven year old daughter and she does not sleep that much. During the week, she goes to bed about 10:00 and wakes up around 6:30 for school. On the wkends, she usually goes to bed around 11:30 and wakes up around 8:30. So, I'm thinking maybe your daughter needs vitamins, maybe. She shouldn't be sleeping that much, and then wanting to nap again at 6:30. Is her weight a problem? Maybe more excercise? I would try doing some things at home first, and if it doesn't change maybe a doctor visit is in order.
    danalee11

Answer by danalee11 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2010