if your water broke before active labor for one child, and during or after active labor for another child, how were the labors different?

i hope that made sense!

my water broke before active labor with my first child and i'm so curious about how this labor might differ if water breaks after labor begins this time. i know it depends on 100 different factors, but just wanting to hear your experiences :)

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Water broke with my first and about 5 hours later I started transition. I was in transition for about 2 hours and 30 minutes of pushing and he was out. I did all natural with no pain meds or interventions and didn't think it was all that bad laboring in the shower with him. Well with my second she was posterior (sunny side up) and I had back labor, but my water didn't break until I pushed the second time with her. I again did all natural with no pain meds or interventions and went so quick I didn't have time to get in the shower. Seriously the contractions with her even with back labor were WAY easier then my first. Because she was posterior though it was much more difficult and painful to push her out and I tore slightly unlike with my son which I didn't tear with. My mother had her water break early with her second child and said "dry" labor as her doctor called it was MUCH more painful then "wet" labor.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• contractions are worse after the water breaks, cuz the "cushion" isn't there anymore.
    Anonymous

• For me the contractions were much more easier to handle. They were not as painful.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• 1st child: water broke... labor didnt start. was given pitocin and labor started and had baby within the hour.
    2nd baby: induced by breaking water, still no contractions, given pitocin... baby out in 45 min.

i had two natural easy labors... i dilate well, but i just dont seem to get contractions on my own (or at least ones that i can feel). once given pitocin, i felt them and baby popped right out.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Well,my labor was painful, and my water broke both times within 5 minutes of the birth!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2010