Looking for a pancake batter despenser that actually works???

You know the gadget that pours perfect pancakes with no mess. Everything I look at is either to small or is known to leak. I plan on having a pancake playdate party and I want to streamline as much as possible. I'd rather spend money on something that works than something cheap I'll throw away. Also if you know of any cooking gadget stores other than william sonoma. Thanks.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 2:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• How about just using a disher, like caterers use for mashed potatoes and stuff? They're available in a lot of sizes. BTW, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target, and Macy's all have good kitchen departments.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• have you tried the pancake batter that comes out of an aerosol can? We use that when we go camping.. Here's some but I don't know what size you're looking for.. http://www.nextag.com/pancake-batter-dispenser/shop-html

And kitchenworksinc.com is a good one for gadgets

Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have a perfect pancake batter dispenser. Is is called a ladle.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• You use ketchep, pancake syrup, things like that that have a lid with a little hole? Wash well, let dry, and fill with batter. Perfect for those who think a large spoon dipping out of a bowl is too much of a hassle - and FREE. I'd never spend money on a "pancake dispenser".
    Anonymous

• I'm having a party of 30 people and I have a large griddle. This is a gathering a plan on having once a month. I've seen these used at a restaurant I worked at a while ago and they are really convenient and you don't waste a drop of batter. I really wasn't expecting sarcasm on this one. 

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• you can rent one form a party rental place. I have always called them a pancake plopper. they are adjustable for whatever size cakes you want. You could also purchase one from restaraunt supply
    http://www.amazon.com/COMMERCIAL-GRADE-PANCAKE-BATTER-DISPENSER/dp/B000FUO3RG
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Thanks so much Jen.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• rkoloms, you read my mind!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2010