Losing 70 pounds in one year. Good?

Over the year I lost 70 pounds. Is this good? I feel really FAT because I had lost more but gained back about 20 pounds. Now I have to re-lose it. I just need some support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow mama, that is a huge accomplishment! I am proud of you, that is very inspirational to me. I need to lose 25 and cannot even get through one day of eating right. I always try in the morning but by the afternoon I have ruined it. Just love food and love to eat! Trying to focus on loving my body, and then the weight will fall off.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Wow, i would be so proud if I lost 70 pounds in one year. I actually did about 7 years ago. I'm shooting to loose that much. How did you do it? I gained about that much while I was pregant. Horrible I know. I have drastically cut my calories to 1,000 a day and I have been working out every night. I'm so tired. I feed my husband and daughter regularly and I just eat special K for breakfast. Snack on carrots and almonds all day and eat a sensible dinner. Seriously, how did you do it?
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Well, the healthiest amount to lose is .5 to 2 lbs a week. So, 52 weeks are in a year. You are well within the healthy limits of lose. And if you lost it in that level, then you are more likely to keep it off. So, CONGRATS!!!!! You did awesome. More would have been too fast.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I did low-carb obsessively. I ate less than 30 carbs a day and by 9 months I had lost almost 100 pounds. But as soon as I started eating carbs I am ballooning up again. I can't win!!!
    Anonymous

• That's the problem with low carb diets. We've had years of education with a dietician after my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes and that's the first thing she said. My friend lost 100 but gained that and more back when she stated eating carbs.

I lost 35 last year, up until the end of summer, then I kind of slacked off and over the holidays BUT on the plus side, I didn't gain any back. Didn't lose, didn't gain. Now I'm back at it but don't know what I've lost since I haven't weighed myself.

The absolute best thing for weight loss seriously is to slowly up your fiber intake. Don't do it all at once, otherwise you'l have "plumbing" issues. But try to get the full 35 grams of fiber a day, that will help a lot. Otherwise, I east granola bars, lots of veggies (raw and roasted are my faves). The number one thing I did was stop eating when you stop feeling hungry not when you feel full!!!
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 3:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2010