Is this a witch hunt on Toyota because they will not bow to the UAW?

FBI raids three Toyota supplier offices.What is your opinion on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I think Toyota is getting a really raw deal. They've had pretty much NO problems with their cars in the 50+ years they've been in business. How many issues have Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc. had? Why is Toyota suddenly a demon?
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I actually said to my husband the other day, "Do you think our govt. is painting Toyota in a bad light to scare Americans into buying American cars now that the govt. owns a large % of GM?" Just made me wonder. Business is business when you start looking at a bottom line, even if you are the govt!
    Anonymous

• If we didn't have dead people involved here, I could go for the witch hunt theory. But people have been killed. And there are questions about previous recalls. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123979383

Answer by gdiamante at 3:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• How many others have been put through all of this for their mess ups?
    Anonymous

• Neither article says a whole lot. The second one says that the raids were part of an anti-trust investigation, and NOT related to the recalls. But, you really have to wonder. How many recalls have GM, Chrysler, and Ford had over the years? Waaaay more than Toyota. But, the American companies don't ever get this kind of scrutiny. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were in reality a subtle (or not-so-subtle) way to put some competition out of business.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Why is Toyota suddenly a demon?

Because they compete against gov't motors and unions. Plain and simple.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Of course it is.

And Carpy voices my own opinion before I knew anything about the struggle with the unions, Toyota is the main competitor against the two giant car companies which the White House has taken over.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Sadly, I do believe it is a bit of a "witch hunt."
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 6:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010