"Sweet 16", "Quiceanera", etc..How much $$

At MOST what would you/did you spend on the "big" party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends on what my DD wants. I'd like to buy her a car at the very least and maybe rent out a club for her and her friends and hire a DJ and caterer, so between 10,00-20,00
    Anonymous

• Normal parties for my family run $50 - $100, so I MIGHT be willing to go to $500 for a sweet 16 if my DD wants to have one. I expect she would rather do something else, like take a little weekend trip or something, but if she wants a party we'll do that.
    Anonymous

• "I think it depends on what my DD wants. I'd like to buy her a car at the very least and maybe rent out a club for her and her friends and hire a DJ and caterer, so between 10,00-20,00 "

I know I won't be doing this! Wow!
    Anonymous

• Yea see my daughter will not have a big "Sweet 16" party. I just dont' see the point. I had a couple of friends come over and we layed out, ate cake and candy, it was great. I can't imagine spending more money on them for a party than we do already. I would do it for a big present, like my son got a drum kit for his 16th, he can't drive so it's not like we could have found him an inexpensive used car. I would liek to do that for my daughter, as I got my dad's old Chevette for my 16th, but she will be responsible for paying insurance and gas, meaning she will get a job lol. But I think ti just depends on what they actually want, and whats acceptable. Congrats on your little girl turning 16
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Quincenera is for hispanics not white people. and its for 15 year old girls and people do go all out because its about the girl going into womanhood and still a virgin. Most hispanics take there daughters to the OB to get checked out to see if she really is still a virgin. They go all out on her dress, shoes, hair, makeup. the place the rent out. basically a mini wedding with the young boys wearing tuxes and doing dances. Sweet 16 is still done the same way just certain things are done differently. Its all on the girl and if she wants it. i never did (im hispanic) didnt want any party
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Quincenera is for hispanics not white people

Wow, what a stupid and ignorant comment. Many hispanics are white too, Einstein. Some people on this site are just plain stupid and ignorant.
    Anonymous

• Aeroslove--I know that, thanks. I never said "white people" did Quince's I put in up there to include it since it is the equivalent of "white people's" sweet 16, if I hadn't I would have gotten comments like "OMG we don't do sweet 16 cuz we are mexican" whatever.
    Anonymous