is anyone else sorry they bought a Wii for Christmas?

I thought it would be like it is on TV with families gathered around the tv set, playing it and laughing and enjoying themselves, well, we bought one for 200 bucks and so far its been nothing but a hassle. The kids seem to prefer computer games and if they do play the Wii, they fight over who's turn it is...weird.
Maybe if I got Wii fit it would be more useful? Who has Wii fit and is it worth the money??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love my wii, and my kids LOVE the wii fit. It's too funny to watch my 4yo do yoga. We all play together. We also bought wii sports resort and that's really fun too. I think kids will always fight over whos turn it is all the time with anything no matter what!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i have wii fit. it is fun... not sure whether or not it will get you fit though. im already small, so im just playing....but it doesnt seem like much of a workout. and my husband and i have tp fight over whose turn it is.
    Anonymous

• i still like mine but i got it for my bday not for xmas
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• We love ours! My kids play the Wii sports and then my husband and I play when they go to bed. We play Mario, MarioKart and Rabbids. How old are your kids? My mom has wii fit and my 6 yr olds loves it! Theres one where you're a chicken and you have to flap your arms. lol
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• We got our Wii when they first came out and we love it. The kids still love to bowl and we love to play the Mario Baseball or Mario Kart
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 4:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No because I didn't buy it lol. Please don't believe everything you see in commercials....
    Anonymous

• we have had ours for a year or so it was a gift from my sister to the kids. We love it, we bought monopoly and the whole family plays it. The other games are also games my DH will play with the kids. We are getting a 3rd remote but the kids do pretty well not fighting over whose turn it is. i make sure we only buy games that have 3 or more players that way no one can complain. My kids love Wii sports the most i think, of course my DD would say build a bear is her favorite.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I wish I would have waited till christmas we bought ours when they were $350!!! Now they are only $199!!!!! Wish I did have WII Fit. My sister has it and she loves it
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• We got ours for Christmas 2008 and still love it! My kids love Mario Kart and my dh and I love the WiiFit. We have the WiiFit and the WiiFit Plus - the Plus has more games and customized workouts. It's a fun way to keep track of how active you are and how much you're doing. I had a baby in 11/08, and am 20 wks pregnant with my 5th so I haven't lost vast amounts of weight or anything (but don't need to - prepregnancy I was 120) but it's a good way to stay in shape.

Answer by missanc at 4:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• The kids play it more than I do. About all I do on it is play Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I don't really care for the other games. My husband will spend hours playing with the kids, and it was sort of 'their' time, while I did other stuff.

All in all, though, it was a good purchase. We have the Wii fit, too, and the kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that one. And getting them up moving is more than worth the money we spent!!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 4:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010