Does anyone else have lunches with ex boyfriends??

I haven't yet, but I'm thinking about it...I've been asked and he left the "dessert" part up in the air. Like he would want to take it further if I wanted too..yikes. fun to think about, but probably won't do it. Has anyone else indulged??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• um heeeeeeeeck no!
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I still chat with a few of them, but hell I've been married for 18 years, so if I were to have lunch with any of them it would be no different than with any other friend.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• ummm no. they are an ex for a reason.
    Anonymous

• Nope - I'm married, but even if I weren't there's a reason they are my ex

Answer by missanc at 4:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I got asked by my ex a couple weeks ago to meet up for coffee. He goes to the same gym as me and its really hard not running into him. I wouldnt do it though. Its just asking for problems in your marriage. I wouldnt want my husband having lunch with one of his ex's. Im planning to find another gym. lol
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 4:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Hmm. I assume you are single? Would this be the one that got away type of ex, or the one that almost ruined your life type of ex, because obviously those are two different situations. Do I think you can just have a casual lunch and romp with an ex and leave it at that? Doubtful, only because I don't really think sex with no strings ever works out (someone usually ends up getting feelings hurt) and with an ex there is a whole history to complicate things even further. None of this means that it isn't a fun thing to think about though. It does sound like a bit of a booty call with the whole "dessert" reference. I'm married so I don't lunch with ex-es but those would be my thoughts if I were in your shoes.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Are you in a relationship or single? If you're single I see nothing wrong with it, but if you're in a relationship, IMO it really isn't ok. My ex and I were best friends for 12 years, dated for 2, broke up and really haven't talked since. If he called me up and asked to have lunch my DH would FLIP, (as would I if his ex asked him to have lunch). So, IMO no, it isn't ok.
    Anonymous

• see for me it's easy, any EX's I have are from over 20 years ago lol. So for us it's really not a big deal. My hub and I both have friends of the opposite sex. One of my best friends is my husbands Ex lol. So for us its really not an issue. Oh and I've never had lunch with an Ex btw lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• sorry, elle grl doesn't read! I don't recall you saying you were married. Do what you want with it. You know this guy, not us. You know why you broke up to begin with, so you know if it would work out or not. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• i have done it many times. on my end, it's always friendly or curiousity of why they asked me, what's up, ect... almost always it turned into phone calls texts and eventually REALLY pissed gf's/ wives... which i dont blame them. i never texted back or was very appropriate and always ignored the uncomfortable stuff... point being? very rarely are they interested in JUST lunch.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 4:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2010