a housekeeper

If you could afford a housekeeper to come in twice a week to dust EVERYTHING and wash all the windows inside and out, scrub all your bathrooms, vaccum and mop everything, change bulbs clean out light fixtures, scrub heater vents, and even do dishes left out how much would you pay? Also what state do you live in. I already do this for one guy and want to try to do this for my own permanent work. I live in Utah and everyone charges differently so I can't seem to get an appropriate amount per hour.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• $20 an hour here in hampton roads va
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 4:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• that what I charge to make extra cash and It usually takes me 2 or 3 hours to clean someones house so $40-$60 for one house isnt that bad
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 4:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My uncle has a cleaning company here in Indiana. $20 an hour is what it goes for.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I used to have a crew of about 4 people come once a month to do all of the major stuff. I paid $80 and it usually took them about an hour. We lived in the suburbs of Boston.

Anonymous

• 20/hr is normal here. I did it for a long time and only charged 12. It netted me a lot of business, but I wasn't earning enough to make it worth it to me (I hate cleaning lol).

Just call the other cleaning people and ask what they charge. Some I've known charge per job, but that usually equals out to less than by the hour.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I live in south of Pittsburgh, PA. I charge by the job but estimate at 20.00 an hour. Houses start at 50.00 and go up from there. I have a few seniors I charge 40.00 but that's because they really just want someone to talk to and there is no dirt. I could be in and out in an hour if I wanted.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My sister used to do this and she charged $10 an hour in Texas .. that was 6 yrs ago before she died.
    I'm guessing it would be $15-20 now.

MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2010

• You could call a local maid service, explain the "services your thinking about" and get a quote .. but if you tell them you are a potential competitor rather than a potential customer, they may not give you info.
    Anonymous