Can a frozen teething toy give my son frost bite on his gums?

I heard or read somewhere once that you shouldn't freeze baby teething toys because it could give their gums frost bite, has anyone ever heard this and if so do you know a good website with information on it?

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no it cant
    Anonymous

• I always found that a washcloth put in the fridge for 10 minutes helped more than any toy did. They like to suck on it and it cools their gums.
    Anonymous

• a wet washcloth I meant to say

Anonymous

• It is way too cold. Don't know if it could actually cause frostbite. I think trying to hold anf chew on it frozen would not be comfy. I prefer to just put them in the fridge. Try the corner of a washcloth frozen, it will thaw fast. Or a frozen bagel will be less intense.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yes, it can be too cold and can damage their gums. This is why you don't put them in the freezer. In the fridge is fine, freezer-no.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i dont give my son anything from the freezer but i was writing a paper on how to soothe a baby thats teething and i was just wondering if anyone had seen that or not. thank you for all of your responses.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2010