Just wondered how you would handle my sons discipline.

I like to hear how other moms would or would not handle this.

My son is 6 and has come home 3 times this month with a sad face. Today he was running around the room and knocked a girl down and made her nose bleed.

Makes me even angrier that he HURT another child.

I wondered what you would do to discipline.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• whoop his ass
    Anonymous

• first off why is he running around? Was it an accident or was he intentionally trying ot hurt her? Does he have an other issues? Sorry its just that after having one child with autism and also providing daycare for many other children i ahve seen some crazy things lol so discipline is always differetn depending ont he child and their situation and the circumstances of the event. What were the other two sad faces for?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I'd first make him write a letter of apology to the girl and her parents. Then take him to school and with him, ask the guidance counselor to give the letter to the girl's parents.

even if it were an accident he can still apologize cause obviously it was hurtful to the girl's face.

I don't think you should scream at him, not that you are, I mean have him write an apology. If writing is difficult then I'd have him say I'm sorry I hurt jane's nose she was sad i know .... something like that to the teacher or guidance counselor.

Does he have a recess time? Maybe he's not getting enough run around play time after school?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Well my husband and I try to stress to our boys that girls are not to be messed with! Society these days have a special place in their heart for little girls and not so much little boys. However, being that I was a little girl once myself, I don't understand why a little girl can't get hurt every once and a while. Now I'm not saying they should get beat up or anything but I think it's ok for a girl to understand the strength that a boy can posses. I had three brothers and I learned very fast what they were capable of. This helped me to understand the differences not only of strength but also of frame of minds. If it were my son I would most definately get ahold of the back side and then sit him down and ask him what he would do if a guy would have done that to me or his sister(if he has any)? Try to make it hit home. Once he has something to compare the action to maybe it will get better.
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• He's a kid. They are spastic. I don't understand why this is a big deal unless I've missed something here.... Get him to apologize to her and let it go.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• It sounds like it was an accident. I agree he needs to appologise to the girl. I wouldn't have him write a letter. He should do it face to face. Then have a talk with him about where he can run around and where he can't. Close spaces are not the place to be running and jumping.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2010