any other moms' infants/children had a nissan or pyloroplasty or gtube or hernia surgery?

gi issues

janeycherry

Asked by janeycherry at 12:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had surgery for a hernia/outie belly button when I was two and at the same time they put tubes in my ears and I've had no complications from either procedure. Not even during my pregnancy with my daughter did the hernia reappear, so as scary as it may be I don't think it's anything to truly fret about. If they did a good job in 1982 I'm sure it's something they have perfected by now. Good luck!
    Jenems

Answer by Jenems at 1:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My son was born at 23wks. He is now 2 1/2yrs. He had L and R ingunial hernia surgeries that were both incarcerated, and he's doing just fine now. He never had a G tube, but did have an NG tube for a while. (but if he fails his swallow study again in aug, they will put in the G tube)
    jsikapv

Answer by jsikapv at 4:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• When my son was just 2 months old (last month) he had surgery to correct his inguinal hernia & he had a hydroseal on his left side. It was a very stressful and scary day, but he did just fine & recovered great. I think it's worse for us then it is for him. I just gave him some baby tylenol for the discomfort & after day 2 it was as if nothing happened. Also, if your baby is young like mine give tylenol over motrin because of their immature kidneys.
    proudmama2772

Answer by proudmama2772 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my youngest dd has had all of the above. G-tube at less than a day old, nissen at 6 months, repeated at 9 months. Pyloroplasty at 9 months as well. She underwent a surgery to repair an umbillical hernia at 3 1/2 years old. She's now 4 years old and the sweetest little girl you'ev ever met!
    StefaniLyn

Answer by StefaniLyn at 8:18 PM on Aug. 24, 2008

• My 21-month-old son just had surgery for his inguinal hernia. He came out of it totally fine. The surgery itself was only 1/2 hour, and his incision is about 3/4" long. The stitches are below the skin. His testicle swelled up pretty large for a while, and his penis and testicle bruised, but he's no worse for the wear! Three days after his surgery, he's back to climbing up on the furniture. It was by far harder on us than it was on him.
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 11:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My daughter has had a nissen, g-tube, and hernia repair. The Nissen and g-tube have been awesome!!!! It's nice to finally see our daughter gaining weight and acting like a normal happy baby! PM me if you have any questions about any of it!
    dldelight

Answer by dldelight at 11:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010