Laptop suggestions?

Okay girls help me out, DH is going to buy me a laptop, I dont need or want anything fancy just a basic laptop that has wireless, word/excell, isnt super slow and will cost me less than $400 lol. I have been looking and found a few that look okay and have decent reviews. I really dont want a notepad/net book they are just too small for me, I have tried them out and I hate the size.

I would prefer not to buy though Dell again, I am really not happy with their customer support. So far I am looking at HP , I am not too sure about the Accer's since I havent heard good things about them. Help give me your opinions :)

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Shopping

• I strongly whole heartedly recommend Toshiba's to EVERYBODY! I love love love our Toshiba laptops. Never had a problem out of the computer itself. Had an issue with the charger, Toshiba replaced it and it went out later after that DH went to Batteries plus and bought a charger and never had a problem since. The new Toshiba laptop has not had any problems with it even the charger.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2010

• OMG I just bought an AMAZING HP, it was $450, though, and $550 regularly. Here is the link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Laptop+with+AMD+Turion%26%23153%3B+II+DuY-¥Core+Mobile+Processor+-+Moonlight+White/9554671.p?id=1218123526907&skuId=9554671&st=hp%20laptop

It is SUPER fast, has 4 GB memory, it is beautiful. I LOVE it.
    Anonymous

• i've had two dells and they both crashed on me plus they were slow... my sister has an HP and she loves it
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 4:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I had an HP laptop and it did pretty well but I also bought the extended service warranty to give me two years of service warranty, good thing, too. Their customer service sucks though. I bought an MSI laptop through www.newegg.com at the recommendation of my computer tech son. It's great and it stands up to a lot of wear & tear. He also recommends ASUS and to stay away from Dell.

To me, you get what you pay for. My other son has an Acer and has had nothing but problems with it.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I got a Toshiba laptop for Christmas in 2008. It has been a good computer. I had a Compaq/HP before that. It was good too until after about 3 years or so the screen went black on me. Everything was still running in the background, but I just couldn't see it. It could be an easy & inexpensive fix, but I haven't had it checked out yet.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Bought this for my son for christmas this year.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12526890
    Be the first to review this product.

http://www.walmart.com/cservice/writeReview.do
    Connect & Share:

$748.00
    HP Silver 14.1" Pavilion dv4-1540us Laptop PC with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6600 & Windows 7 Home Premium

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• I have an Acer Aspire model 5517 and i LOVE it. I paid $379 on black friday, however, you can find them about that price now at officedepot and best buy. It has 4gb memory, 320gb hard drive, wifi,and Windows 7, AMD Athlon 64X2 processor. I could not be happier!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• dell
    Anonymous

LOL thats one of the ones I looked at...ewww just checked its not on sale anymore YIKES! I need to make a decision fast and stop going back and forth lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would go with Acer, Hp or Dell. all have very comparable systems in that price range. Also check out Qvc or Hsn.com they offer computers at reasonable prices with a payment plan that is interest free!

I am holding out for an Apple...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2010