Parents bothered by fat babies?!

This is a spin-off of another question: Do you notice that parents of very fat babies seem to be bothered by it? They're always like 'oh, my baby loves to eat, can't you tell?' Or: 'he's so fat!' I guess I would be kind of worried if my baby was super chunky, too, like an 8 mos. old in 18 mos. clothing or something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i like fat babies. babies are meant to be fat
    Anonymous

• Fat babies are the cutest! I dont think there is anything wrong its just baby fat for most babies. My bestfriends baby is 18 months old in 3T clothing! I do belive when he starts growing he will grow out of the fat. My youngest was a fattie but he grew out of it.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• idk my son was never fat really and i fed him,i think all babies are cute,some are fat because they are just that way,but its only a concern if they are walking and the fat dont come off then maybie yes they are being over fed.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Well, I'm a mother of a very "HEALTHY" girl. She has been in the 95th% for weight since she was 6 weeks old. She has always been chunky, but I'm not bothered by it. I do make comments like that, but not as a bad thing, it is true!! She is not "fat" she is very healthy, she is just a big girl. She is also very tall. And FYI, she was 9 months old wearing 18 month clothing-because that is what fit her!

She is 21 months now, and she is wearing 2T clothing, and is in the 95th% for her height and 75th% for her weight. She even looks... dare I say it.. SKINNY!? :-)
    Anonymous

• hmm my son at 1 year was in 24 mo clothing but he wasn't called overweight by his doctor, he was 8lbs 7oz when he was born. Some kids triple their weight about 1 year a bit over that and then slow down in weight gain after that for a while.

If a 1 year old were wearing 5T size, that's a bigger baby. So long as ped knows baby's ssize I didn't worry about another's size.
    I really found that toddler clothing ran small for all three of my kids.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My daughter was a real chunker the first year of her life. It wasn't because we were overfeeding her. She didn't start solids on a regular basis until almost 8 months. Now, she has completely evened out. I wasn't bothered by her chunkiness, that's just how she was built. Now she has grown 4 inches in the last 6 months and only gained 1lb. As chunky as she was though, she didn't start wearing 18 month clothing, until about 18 months.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I had a lady tell me once my baby was chunky and it bothered me! She wasn't, had one roll on her legs but was never a chunk! If I did have a chunk I'd be freaking out! I know they're supposed to be, bu I personally can't look at a chunky baby.
    Anonymous

• My DD was only a chunk for a few months and I loved it!!! Fat is good for a babies brain.

RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My daughter is big but not fat. She's almost 3 and she's wearing 4T =) But Obese children? not so cute. Babies with leg rolls and big cheeks? Suuuper cute. Toddlers and kids that are overweight? Are gonna have issues later.

Cute: http://www.youcanloseyourbabyfat.com/chuby%20baby.jpg

Not so cute: http://www.stolenchildhood.net/images/fat_child_overweight_kids.jpg

Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 5:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I love chubby babies!! My youngest was really chunky, and had the cutest fat rolls in his thighs, I used to pinch him every time I changed his diapers!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2010