Do you think this is a good idea?

There's a small sensor that you put in your child's pull up/underwear and when they wet themselves it makes music. That way you know to hurry and bring them to the toilet.

I'm trying to introduce potty training to my 20 month old who's developmentally delayed.

Do you think this is a good idea for potty training or just a waste?

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Shopping

• I think that if it works for you it was no waste at all! I know that we would put cheerios in the water and tell my boys to "sink the ship"! My husband told me I was wasting cereal but when the boys told me they needed to "sink the boat" I knew it wasn't a waste! Good luck and don't forget to make it fun!!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• omfg what will tey think of next? a total waste of money in my opinion. they should know when to go go to the bathroom.
    Anonymous

• HE'S DEVELOPMENTALLY DELAYED!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• If anything don't you think that would make them want to pee in there diaper more? I would want to wet myself if music played every time i did.

RachMeg08

Answer by RachMeg08 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't buy it. Once you hear the music, isn't it too late? I gues you can prevent him pooping but come on, you want your kids underwear singing when you're in the checkout line? I've heard the cheerios trick works the best and having daddy show them how can be a good visual for some boys.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 5:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Alot of people tells me about the cheerios but he's delyed ALOT He is 20 months and wears 3-6 month clothes. There's no way he could stand to potty! He doesnt talk.. He doesnt try to communicate what he wants. He does walk though.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• That's psychologically damaging if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• I don't mean this in a mean way, but if your son is already developmentally delayed don't you think 20 months is a little early for potty trainging? Isn't closer to 3 years about average? I think you're being a little unrealistic and setting yourself and your son up for disappointment.
    Anonymous

• I am starting out earlier so when he's really ready for potty training its wont be so new for him. I put him on the potty twice today and he made pee. So, no I don't think we're going to be disappointed this is to get him familiar with the potty. I don't expect him to catch on as well as the average child does but he'll do okay :D
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2010