Normal pregnancy swelling?

I have not had any problems with swelling during my pregnancy, I'm now 39 weeks...But starting lastnight my feet, ankle, and calfs have swelled so big they feel like they r going to bust! They are huge and gross looking. My fingers and hands have swelled at times. when I noticed them starting to swell lastnight I went to bed and propped them up, but when I got up this morning they were even bigger and seem to still be growing!!!! I would call my doc but the office is closed for meetings. I have not been more active or on my feet any more than normal the past few days so I don't know if this is just normal or should I just call L & D.....Just wondering if it's normal and tell me about their experience and what the doc said and if I should be worried about baby or me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are you eating too much candy corn?
    Anonymous

• Dont fuckin answer the question if youre going to be a smart ass bitch!!!!
    Anonymous

• u should go in to see another doctor................i had very bad swelling during the last two months of my pregnancy but my blood pressure was also very low and there was no ketones in my urine so the doctor told me its fine and nothing to worry about as its very nomal to get swelling during ur pregnancy.

it u have or supect that u have high blood pressure then it may be cause for concern because it can lead to pre-eclamsia.

"Pre-eclampsia can range from mild to severe and can affect various systems of the body. Although there is no treatment that will stop it completely during pregnancy, pre-eclampsia can be managed.

Since it reduces the flow of blood to the placenta, pre-eclampsia can be quite dangerous for your unborn baby. It can restrict your baby's growth because not enough oxygen or nutrients get through. If you have any reason to suspect that you might have pre-eclampsia, contact your doctor or (continued)
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• (continued)
    midwife immediately
    If pre-eclampsia develops into eclampsia, your blood pressure will become extremely high and both you and your baby will be at great risk. Eclampsia can cause seizure or convulsions, which can lead to coma and can be fatal. If it happens, eclampsia usually develops in late pregnancy or just after the baby is born

the info in the quotation marks are from the website: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/complications/pre-eclampsia/

i hope this info helps u.....i hope everything goes well for u and ur baby
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• go to doctor now!!! i had severe preeclampsia and its not something you want to mess
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 5:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Go to the dr. The PP's are correct that it could been preeclampsia or high blood pressure. Swelling like that is NOT normal and should be looked at. Better safe than sorry, right?!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2010