Do you think people who live in trailer parks are trashy?

My husband wants us to move to a trailer park bc we really can't afford anything else. And I'm not trashy but I'm afraid of what people will think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• dont! you will be the queen of candy corn trash i mean trailer.
    Anonymous

• personally yes... its not to be rude or mean, but its just from experience what ive dealt with in the past with people in trailer parks so im a tad bias
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• if that is what you have to do, that's what you have to do. I have to admit, there is a stereotype, but I am sure not ALL of the people are trashy.. dont' worry what others will think. just make sure you don't park 18 broken mowers and chairs and an engine in your front yard.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• depends on the condition of the trailer and trailer park...ive seen some rather nice trailers and parks but then again i seen some that made me lock my doors and find the nearest blunt object when drivin thru them...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• some people who live in the trailer park are trashey but not all of them. My first home I bought was a trailer. I could never live in one again but it sure beats living in apartments. Ugh I always hated apartments. You can always find a good trailer park. My grams lives in a real nice trailer in a real nice clean trailer park. Guess it just depends where you move
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• NO not at all, my girlfriend has a triple wide that inside is so beautiful you dont even know its a trailer. There are trailers here in So Cal that go for half a mil. Now is that trashy? Who cares what everyone else thinks.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 5:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No! The receptionist here at my work and her husband live in a trailer and they are such sweet nice people. They are in no way trashy. The construction supervisor and his wife used to live in one also before they bought their house and they are also not trashy people. They are good people. Perhaps if some people didn't put that lable on those that live in trailers, some people wouldn't be embarassed of living in them.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• No. Anyone can be trashy. It has nothing to do with where you live or how much money you have. My aunt makes $65.00 bucks an hour developing new computer technologies and she lives in a trailer because she could have to pick up and move on a moment's notice and doesn't want to have to worry about selling a big, expensive house. Plus, some of the trashiest, most low-class people I have ever met, have been the ones who live in big, fancy houses. A person's actions and attitude make them trashy, not where they live.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• That is quite rude of you alicia. How can you judge everyone by just a couple or few experiences? My husband and I had a large 3 bedroom brick ranch with a finished basement in a very nice neighborhood, and due to him being laid off for so long we had to sell our home and move to a trailer park. I am not trashy at all, and I have never even met anyone in here who is trashy. I am just thankful we are not homeless. There are a lot of nice parks, with very nice houses. Some of them are even bigger than my house was.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• how is that rude... she asked our views, and i gave mine, isn't that what she wanted... just cause its different then yours, it is still my view
    aliciaDnewman25

Answer by aliciaDnewman25 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2010