do you think its okay for me to have one cup of black coffee?

i am 13 weeks pregnant and havent had any coffee this entire time ive been pregnant, but i really need a boost to get dinner done and clean up a little bit. so do you think one cup of coffee is okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It definitely won't kill you or the baby! It's just one of those things they don't want you doing consistently because it COULD have adverse effects. I'm pretty sure all of our moms drank coffee and we all turned out fine. lol! Same with eating fish, drinking wine and all that good stuff. There are possible risks but the chances of any adverse effects for just one time are extremely low!

Honestly, I drank a lot of Pepsi with my pregnancies because I was always so exhausted. I'm not a coffee fan, but I needed some kind of caffine to give me a little boost.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Sure. My doc said one to two cups a day is fine. Sometimes you need a little boost.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yeah, go for it! but make it at home. there is far less caffeine in home brewed coffee than coffee shop coffee!
    MrsSeptember

Answer by MrsSeptember at 6:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• My doctor ok'd one cup of coffee a day (not super strong or anything), which is what I had with my son and he is just fine! :)
    PrincessRSX03

Answer by PrincessRSX03 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2010