For those who would denounce God to save their child...

Would you denounce God to save a stranger?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, for the same reason. I think God would understand and forgive me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yes, as I said in the other answer. My gods don't require me to have faith or to openly declare my love for them and would not take issue with my denouncing me. The know and understand that actions speak louder the words. They understand that my devotion runs deeper than the memory of a small lie and that a life is worth more than any words...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• The only way to really renounce my religion would be to have a meeting with a church leader specifically requesting to have my name stricken from all the church records.

I guess with that sort of criminal I'd say just about anything to keep them talking and not shooting, especially in the comfort that in my religion, it wouldn't really count.
    Anonymous

• How would you know if denounceing god is going to make a difference in the out come, or even what the out come would be? Obviously, if a person was to go on a rampage demanding that people denounce god to save lives, that person is a nut job and not working with a full or rational deck to begin with. How do you know that he's not just making you denounce god so that he can send you to an eternal hell? Or that he's just playing head games to see how far he could push a person's faith?

Anonymous

• About 10 years ago there was a case in Anchorage, Ak with a crazy man who went to a Mt. View elem. school were he asking kids if they believed in god and then stabbed them with the intent to kill them while they were young and send them to god before they could become sinners. A boy became a hero that day.

Anyhow, my point is that you really wouldn't know what would happen one way of the other so who could really say?

Anonymous

• Nope
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I think so... as I answered before, God would never put me in that situation. He would understand that a situation like that is the work of Satan. He has a plan for all people here on earth, and I doubt senseless murder is on His list. If it is, then I'm not sure I want to follow that God. You can always use empty word to denounce God and satisfy the criminal, and still hold Him in your heart. No one can see into your heart except for God.

Anonymous

• Sure. I mean what makes one life more important than another? If I have the opportunity to save a life I should save it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yes I would. Like I said in another question, why wouldn't any God know whats in a persons heart. If they do NOT know your heart and simply go on words deemed necessary to save a life then you do NOT have a relationship with your God.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• * SabrinaMBowen

Sabri...
    Yes, as I said in the other answer. My gods don't require me to have faith or to openly declare my love for them and would not take issue with my denouncing me. The know and understand that actions speak louder the words. They understand that my devotion runs deeper than the memory of a small lie and that a life is worth more than any words...
    __
    Couldn't have said it better so I'll just say ditto!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2010