Okay so I took the bottle away

And it is normal for all my daughter not to sleep now. like she won't nap, she's soo cranky, I feel horrible, I feel mean but she's 14 months. I've been trying to ween her off but she wasn't having it. like she knows how it works and everything we've had it at dinner and after her after noon nap all she gets is cuppy's but then when she goes to bed i give her a bottle. [she dont like to be held we were forced to lay her down with a bottle she can't sleep without one but hates being held now. we take it away after 20 mins] but anyways she will go in her crib and just play, and stay awake. Idk if i did the right thing

RachelSutfin

Asked by RachelSutfin at 6:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you did. have you tried putting her to bed with a sippy?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• of water of course!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Yeah like I tried giving it to her before nap time. she will walk around and when she's done i lay her down, She screams, But i lay her down with the sippy she will play and then just cry in an hr to get out of her crib She will sit in there and play with and drink it but she just wont sleep anymore.
    RachelSutfin

Answer by RachelSutfin at 6:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• your going to have to find a way, she is too old for a bottle. Try getting her used to the sippy during the day more. If your ok with giving her juice, then put it in her sippy, but not just juice all day milk too. If she is still fussy give her the option: bottle with just water or sippy with milk or juice. you have to make her not want the bottle, make it unappealing to her! Hope it helps:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Thank you! That sounds really good with putting water in the bottle!
    RachelSutfin

Answer by RachelSutfin at 7:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Two of my kids were hooked to a bottle at bedtime. I weaned them down to 2 oz of milk at bedtime and when it was gone, they got water. After that, it was just water in the bottle and eventually a sippy cup of water. Good luck!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2010