I am 18 years old and my doctor told me I might have pcos she gave me a prescription for birth control and told me it would balance out my hormones I was wondering can I still have a baby? And will the birth control pill help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The pills will make you have a period, but they will not cure PCOS. It might be a good idea for you to see an endocrinologist. I have PCOS and the pill made me have periods, but I still have PCOS. Yes, it is still possible for someone with PCOS to have a baby. Sometimes all it takes is dietary changes, sometimes Metformin will do the trick, and some women take Clomid. I was taking Metformin when I became pregnant. I still take it and it has made a huge difference in helping to lessen the symptoms. Check out soulcysters.com. It's my favorite PCOS web site. Great information and support there.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i found out at 19 i have pcos and i take metformin 1500 mg a day sents i found out and i told her i didnt want to be put on birth control i had to take clomid 50mg and i did get pregnant last year in april and i did lose the baby in June but i got bad on clomid in Oct and i got pregnant and im now in my 19 week so it can happen and both times i use clomid i got pregnant the first time around
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2010