Pregnant?

my fiance and I want a kid, but everyone says we are two young and not ready. They all say wait until you have better jobs. But to be honest you cant get better jobs right now, and we recently bought a house and have money saved, and save up money as well. Im twenty and he is twenty two. Im still in college but am ready now. In the field im going in it is unsafe to be pregnant. i want to be a medical examiner, and if I wait untill im done with school I will be twenty eight and that seems to old to me. What should I do my fiance is upset that I listen to everyone else, and he says it is our life, so what should I do, I want a kid but should I listen to what everyone else has to say???????????? PLEASE HELP ME

LVNVGIRL

Asked by LVNVGIRL at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have the baby...you are financially stable and the best time for your body to have kids is early 20's...it has been proven that the later in life you have kids, the worse it is for your body and for the baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Its YOUR life. You sound perfectly ready to me. I think you should go ahead and start your family.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 6:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Listen to yourself. This is about what you and your fiance want, not what everyone else wants. I got the "I wish you would have waited" speech from my fiances family after I got pregnant with my DD. She wasn't planned but I'm glad I didn't wait.
    It's your life, not theres. Do what you feel is right.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i agree that if you are financially stable and both really want this then go ahead. but you arent even married. if you guys want a baby so bad, why dont you want to get married just as badly. i know some people dont ike marriage and that is fine... but you said he is your fiance, so im assuming you intend on getting married. im almost 26. i have a 19 month old and a 5 month old. i have a house and a husband and financial stability. and if i could do things over again... i would have waited longer to have kids. you really do give up everything for your children. a baby really does change everything. i love my children... and i wouldnt trade them for the world.... but if i could do things again... i would have held on more to my youth and freedom for just a few more years with my husband. good luck with your decision.
    Anonymous

• this is anon :07... also..... i was already over a year out of college... and my dh 2 years out. i think you should at least finish school first. then get pregnant if you wish.
    Anonymous

• We are actually going to get married in July, that is when everyone is coming out, we have been together for four years, and we didnt get married sooner because we were told we should wait, I am the one who posted the question by the way, and I dont know why everyone rushes people to get married. Get married before you do this or that it is kinda annoying maybe that is why there are so many divorces because people think you need to get married to do anything, when that shouldn't be the case. Just saying! I was refering this to the person who asked about marriage
    LVNVGIRL

Answer by LVNVGIRL at 7:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i was that person... and if you get pregnant now... and you have a wedding in july... youll be at least starting to show then. i am small and started to show around 6 months (so maybe you wont) but most people show at least by 4. so if you are having a wedding... why do you want to be 4 or 5 months pregnant at your own wedding. you wont be able to drink. you wont know how big youll be. just some things to think about. those are things i would think about. and youre right... marriage isnt the answer to everything. i was just curious as to why you wanted a baby so soon i guess.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• You are right...you shouldn't necessarily listen to everyone else. But....I guess you should think about what they tell you. For example, don't you think it will be harder to finish school once you have a baby? Will you have enough money for school, childcare and your mortgage? Will you want to have more than one child....and how close in age do you think you might want them? I am amazed that two people who are so young could have purchased a house already while you are still in school! The fact is that you are very, very young....and you really do have plenty of time. I don't know what the rush is, but it could be the impulsiveness of youth. Babies don't stay babies forever either. Think about what it is to raise a child, teenager, college-age young adult. This is a long term decision with serious consequences.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2010