What do you think of Consignment Sales?

There is this huge Consignment Sale that travels around the world and they are coming to my town tomorrow and they have like really nice name brand everything strict policies on what they do sell and accept and I was wondering if you think it is worth it?Have you ever been to something like this?we are expecting a baby boy in march and have a 2 year old little girl and need things badly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they are awesome...there was a consignment shop I visited when I lived in Orlando...it was great.....brand name items...I loved it!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• Love consignment sales!
    Hey I was raised in Orlando Lynn, Love that place and plan on moving back in the next couple of years
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 7:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• We have one that comes to my town 2 times a year and I stock up at the sale and get just about everything my kids need there. The only thing I don't pick up on consignment is play clothes, which I buy at WalMart. I also sell items we no longer need at the consignment sale for extra money.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• consignment sales are amazing. they can be hectic, so make a list of what u need before you go. other wise, u will go away with stuff you never knew existed and things u may not ever need. if you're like most families, there is just never enough money to buy all the clothes, toys, and supplies you need. and most sales have great prices. even if you dont find anything you dont like, you will atleast get a feel for what other consignment stores or sales can have. idk if u have ever heard of these, but these are a couple of the consignment sales in my area. "Duck, Duck Goose" and "Rhea lana's" (my fave is rhea lana's... if ur an expectant mom, they give u a pass for pre-sale event which means u get to shop before the public does)
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I have had pretty good luck, but I never wait until the mark down days. I find that the good stuff is gone and the rest is eh.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I love consignments, I dont think Ive ever been to a sale.Ive never heard of a traveling sale but I am sooo intrigued? Sounds like it would be awesome. Yes, yes, definately go! I have 5 kids and my kids have always dressed to a tee. I know how impt. it is to have nice clothes to fit in, well, I just did'nt want them to have to worry about being judged badly so I tried hard to keep them looking nice. Anyway, having five I had to be smart about how I shopped and if it was'nt clearance shopping I went to consignment shops. Alot of the clothes still had the tags on them and had never been worn. Most shops are very picky and only accept the clothes in the best shape.They buy the clothes that come in, usually giving that person a credit once the clothes sell. I went the other day and picked up clothes for my daughter(12) with names like, Hollister, Amer. Eagle, Victoria Secret, Abercrombie&Fitch...so yeah, Good Luck and have fun
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 4:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2010