Im not real sure where to ask this but im hoping for some ideals

My aunt which is my moms baby sister will probaly die tonight. She has cancer all through her body and in her brain and just barely holding on to life. I want to get something special and meaninful for my mom and grandma after the funeral just to show them I care. I went and ordered a live plant today for the funeral but im not sure who will be taking it home. Any ideals?

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 8:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• My prayers are with you and your aunt and your whole family. I don't really have any ideas, but I'll bet some sort of inspiration will come to you. When my grandmother passed away, I read a poem at her funeral called "My Mother's Hands", because all we did the last few days was hold on to her hands. I found that poem online and it just miraculously came to me. That's what will happen to you too, I think.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I am very sorry to hear about you aunt, I know how hard it is to lose someone to cancer! Hallmark has a lot of great things for people who have lost someone. They have everything from candles with poems, and frames, and even a really great prayer bracelet.

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• cards and flowers are sweet, but usually get thrown away. if your family had a good relationship with your aunt and she'll be missed, you could show you really care by blowing up a pic of her and giving it to each of your family. Something with your aunt in her prime, they'll love that they can remember her that way. And it will mean more than a plant that will die
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• thanks everyone...I just found out she will be in heaven in about an hour according to hospice...If you believe in praying please say a little prayer for my family.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I am praying for you all now but I know you will need them in the coming weeks more. I recently lost my youngest son in a tragic accident and from my experience recently I hopecan help.During the funeral week just having someone to help me stay on track, to tell me where to go and what to do at what time helped so much.( my BF) So I would say YOU being there is the best thing you can give them. Be there no matter what!Next I can tell you the jewelry that has been given to me I treasure and will always treasure for the rest of my life.They have sayings on them about faith, or angel wings, or about strength.(&crosses) Finally, pictures are everything to me. The memories are all you have left. If you can make a special effort to round up all the pictures you can find from close friends, and extended family...they need them to keep forever! Real quick try to keep track of names for thank yous(meals&such) God Bless, hope this helps
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 3:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2010