Cleaning Code W for couch......want to make sure I do this right. Help.

My parents just got a new couch. My daughter dropped a couple drops of her milk on the couch so now it has a light stain. It says "Clean Code: W" on in. I googled that (since my parents have no clue what type of fabric it is) and it says to use the foam and a soft brush. It says I can use mild detergent/soap. So does that mean I can use dish soap? Do i just use the bubbles?

Might be a dumb question, but since I've never had to clean a couch before and its brand new, I want to make sure I dont ruin it. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Anonymous

• W is wet clean. I would use a little bit of club soda and a clean white towel. When you're finished spot cleaning it that way, put a fan on it or use a hair dryer to dry the area quickly so it doesn't get water rings. I'd skip the detergent altogether, as you don't have an extraction machine to rinse the soap out and you don't want to leave residue on the sofa. Stick with the club soda.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2010