Why did you have a c-section? just wondering..

I was in labor for 26 hrs..then my sons heartrate dropped to 30 & as the doc was taking the internal moniter off my son they were wheeling me to the OR they threw the scrubs at my DH told to him to get ready & scrubbed up ASAP they need the baby out now. I remember crying hysterically bcause i was terrified for my sons life & also going into surgery.but the drs were great from the time i was placed on the OR table till the time he was out was a matter of 15 mins if that. he did how ever have Meconium asperation (i think i spelt that wrong sry!) & wasnt crying so i was screaming y isant he crying & they said they didnt want him to bcause he'd inhale the poop..well he screamed & ended up in the NICU for 2 days. It was all so very very scary but worth it in the end hes a happy healthy 2 yr old boy. *Thank God* just wondering why you had yours and would you have another csection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my son was 5 1/2 weeks early. if left to descend by himself, he would have possibly broken a shoulder or collar bone. Didn't want to take the chance. My second is a scheduled c-section. I have enough stress over something being wrong with him, that I don't need to worry if I'm going to live through the delivery. I want to be there on the other side to love him up!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• are you nervous about having another c-section?
    Anonymous

• My doc monitered how big my baby was estimated to be because of how tiny I am. He saw once i was closer to my due date that he was bigger than 8lbs 8 oz so we scheduled a c-section. My son weighed in at 10 lbs 7 oz. thank goodness my doctor kept an eye on me. I had a scheduled C-section with my daughter as well just to be safe in case she were to be large. She came out 7 lbs 13 oz
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• It was semi-emergency. I say semi because the doctor gave me a choice....c-section or induced labor with the high chance of a c-section anyway. My husband and I discussed it and decided on the c-section. I don't regret it. The recovery was a pain for sure though.
    Anonymous

• My son was transverse(sideways), and wouldn't turn. he never dropped, either. He was literally pressing on my ribs the day of the surgery. It's basically impossible to birth a transverse baby. Not to mention, he was almost 9 lbs...even though that had nothing to do with the c section. Personally, I love my c section. It was a piece of cake and practically pain free. Mine was also scheduled though, and I've heard that makes a difference.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I was in labor for 20 hours and wouldn't dialate past 7, so they said I should have a c-section.
    Anonymous

• Because the baby wasn't coming, I had stopped dilating, and the doctor determined part of the problem was the boy's size. And honestly, along with all that, I was just so over it...there is a LOT of touching and stuff involved with having a baby that I was not prepared to deal with (because as it also turns out I was an undiagnosed autistic person.) So they took him.

When I went in for my first OB visit when I got pregnant with my daughter, the doctor started talking vbac and other options...a scheduled section was one he glossed over. I said "whoa, wait, I can DO that? Sign me up" My due date was Oct 19th, my scheduled section was the 21st. She decided to come just over three weeks early, but she was still a c-section. It worked well for me (and the kids) for many reasons. Had there been a 3rd kid, it would have come via c-section, too if I had any say.

My recovery was also a breeze both times, too.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I would have had a c-section if I hadn't gone into labor when I did....well I was scheduled to be enduced because my son was getting so big. He was 8lbs 7.3 oz...which isn't that big to some people, but i'm 5'2 and before i got pregnant was 110lbs...I was tiny aside from my belly...so if he got any bigger they were gunna have to do a c-section. But i ended up going into labor on my own just hours before my scheduled encucement.
    Anonymous

• I too was in labor for about 26 hours, when his heartrate started dropping. It was so scary, they had me move from side to side and I had no pain medication so it hurt really bad to move. They tried oxegyn but it didnt work to bring it back up either. So, they rushed me to the operating room and I was put under general anethisia sp?. My hubby couldnt be in the room:(. Everything happened so fast! When I woke up I was in sooo much pain and ready to see my baby boy. He was perfect but they said he had a prolasped cord and with every contration that was pushing him down the birth canal his head was hitting the umbilical cord cutting off all his oxygyn, so even though I really wanted everything to be all narural im very thankful for that c section bc without my baby boy I would be lost. I love that baby to death:)
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• my son was butt first and wouldn't turn and 10 days b4 due date my blood pressure was going up AND lol the doc said he looked really big.. he was 9 lbs!

This one is going to be c-section also recovery sucked but was doable I am getting my tubes cute while they are in there!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2010