When did your B. Hicks start?

I am just now entering my 3rd trimester. Literally this is the first week. My first born was 5 1/2 weeks early due to major complications, and I'm scared that even without any complications that this one could also be an early delivery. I felt my first contractions today while out at the supermarket. When did your braxton hicks contractions start? Did any of you have an early delivery on your second as well as your first??

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was 20 wks with both my kids
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• dd 38 wks
    ds 37 wks
    piwife

• Earliest for me was 26 weeks

Answer by gemgem at 8:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• piwife, did you start feeling braxton hicks at all?
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i feel them now...i'm 19 weeks....women get bhcs throughout their whole pregnancy..its just that some feel them more than others
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• 23 weeks with my first and 13 weeks with this one.. and I don't like them they make me worry!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• i think there will always be a fear that this one will be like the last.
    my first, i never felt a bh, but at delivery the placenta did not detach, and it had to be manually removed...and it was huge.
    for my 2nd, i had tons of bh probably started around20-24 weeks, and he came at 32 weeks. even after his delivery i expected problems w/ the placenta.
    my 3rd preg. was twins and bh started around 20 weeks. i was terrified of another preemie, let alone 2! i really limited myself physically, and tried to really keep my emotions in check. the twins came at 37 1/2 weeks.
    this pregnancy we had an early ultrasound, but i still feel like i wont believe there aren't two inside until after this one comes out! my bhc's just started at 25 weeks. i truly believe they are from emotional stress though.
    anyhow, one preemie does not predict another.
    good luck! listen to your body, i'm sure you'll do great!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• yes i was 20 wks when i felt them. they were bad with ds at 32 wks the were happening all the time. but they werent painful. i was at my 32 week visist and the dco put me in the monitor i was contacting every 5 mts so they took me to the hospital i was put on bed rest for 4 wks. with dd same thing happen but at 28 wks and yet i wasnt put on bed rest. i was in nc with dd and sc with ds
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• That I know of... about a week or two ago, so about 24 or 25 weeks for me.
    shelbyk

Answer by shelbyk at 12:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2010