Has anyone tried chamomile tea for a colicky baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, cooled tea, also helps calm them before bed...
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• there are some products that have that stuff in them though that might be better, there's a purified water and such. best of luck mama! I've been there!
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 8:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• PS it isn't a miracle cure, baby will still be colicky- the only thing that helped mine was laying facedown across knees with his butt at the highest point and gently rocking/swaying side to side.
    Good luck momma, it doesm't last forever
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• WELL, yes I've tried it for my "colicky" baby, and no it didn't work. But then again, I never really believed he had colic to begin with. So who knows, may work for you!
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 8:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2010

• what owrked for me was a liquid herb blend called catnip/fennel. It's blk in color and I would only use a very small amount. Maybe 1/4 tsp or less depending on the babies age. I still use it to this day...Ive never seen a stomach type ailment it can't cure. Use a very reputable, top-of-the-line dealer in herbs and remember it is a liquid. Good luck...
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 2:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Sorry, just thought of one other thing...with my boys (i have 5 children) I would use peppermint tea. Diluted of course. At times we would just give them a peppermint stick and put on a bib and let them go at it. Read up on peppermint oil and you would'nt believe the healing qualities. The oil is far too strong for a baby but just FYI. I'm far from a naturalist or even a herb freak. I learned these things out of desperation. When the vacuum cleaner and the long rides in the car at 3:00 AM quit working. Good Luck Mommy!
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 2:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2010

• Yes. One once a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2010